- Take risks! If you stay within your comfort zone you may avoid the anxiety and fear but you will also miss out on the excitement, sense of accomplishment and personal growth that occurs with risk taking (safe risk taking that is). I am not saying go bungee jumping but if there is something you have been avoiding such as talking in front of a group or going up to the boy your like to say hello just go and do it. Really, what is the worst that can happen? He doesn’t say hi back? Either way the boost of confidence you feel after attempting something that terrifies you is indescribable and it just shows you that you can do it again in the future and the world will not end.
- Find something that you are good at and enjoy. For me I always enjoyed art so I did many art related extra-curriculum activities which always left me in a really good mood. I would also feel really good about myself when I completed a project. But it doesn’t have to be art, you can join the vocal ensemble at school if you enjoy singing, join a sports team, do some writing or cooking at home. Just find something that brings you joy and go do it!
- Do something active daily that will help to raise your energy levels. When you are exhausted you simply cannot find the energy to go do something fun or out of your comfort zone. All you want to do is sit on the couch watching TV. Exercise is one of the best ways to boost your energy levels. If you don’t want to go outside and take a walk or a jog, you can simply run on the spot for 2 minutes a day and it’s as good as going for a 2 minute run (besides the lack of fresh air of course). You can even do this while watch TV so no excuses!
- Surround yourself with like-minded, positive people. How are you ever going to feel good about yourself if you are constantly surrounded by people who bring you down? This is one lesson I have had to learn over the years. If after spending time with your friends you leave feeling down rather than happy then maybe they are the wrong type of people for you to be hanging out with. Friends are there to make you feel good about yourself and to have fun with. If this is not happening find some new friends.
- Meditate. Doing something that helps you connect to yourself, reduce stress and feel grounded will allow to be the amazing person you are supposed to be. Meditation helps you feel empowered to take on the world and gives you direction in life.
Hi everyone! My name is Dionne and I am a fully qualified Kinesiologist and Naturopath. I have been raised with the use of natural medicine so have experienced its fantastic effects first hand. One of my biggest LOVES has always been food so by combining this love and my upbringing Naturopathy was definitely the degree for me. I also belive that our emotions underpin everything when it comes to our health so I teach a lot about emotional well-being. This blog is aimed at sharing some helpful facts about food and the way it can influence your health. It is also a way for me to share delicious but nutritious recipes as I discover them myself!